I am writing to update you on the actions taken by the college so far in response to COVID-19.
- We continue to follow the guidance from the Department for Education and Greenwich Borough Council and will try and keep the College open for as long as possible in these difficult circumstances
- Any student or staff member with an underlying health condition is being treated as ‘at risk’ and is not expected to be in college. They will be self-isolating and working from home
- Staff and students are being advised to stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend as normal
- If a member of staff or student becomes unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they will be sent home
- We are encouraging students to wash their hands for 20 seconds more often than usual with soap and water or hand sanitiser and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues. We are regularly monitoring toilets and shared open spaces to ensure that they are kept as clean as possible.
- All enrichment activities, including offsite trips and visits have been cancelled. Assemblies and workshops delivered by outside visitors have been postponed.
- External lettings including primary school swimming have all been cancelled for the time being.
For those students who are unable to attend the college and normally receive a bursary, we are looking at ways to ensure they can still access these funds and will update those students once we receive advice from the DfE.
We are regularly meeting key staff to ensure students have access to online lessons and resources should they be working from home.
I will continue to provide regular updates as the situation develops.
Thank you for your support at this time.