Below is a summary of our attendance policy and procedures. Please see the full attendance policy (this includes register marking).
We are committed to meeting our obligations in regard to college attendance by:
· Setting the expectation that attendance and punctuality is 100%.
· Acting early to address patterns of absence or those students identified as ‘at risk’ due to absence.
Reporting an absence
(Instructions can be found at the bottom of the page.)
· Student absence line: 0208 319 9742 - Please ensure you provide your young person's ID Number.
· Please report absence before 8.30am.
Reporting to parents
· Absence for lessons is reported to parents/carers via text message.
· Parents/carers are notified of overall attendance via twice yearly parental reports.
· Parents/carers can access attendance via Parent Portal (instructions below).
· All students in attendance in a planned learning session are marked as present and this is a positive mark.
· A student who arrives late will be recorded as late on the register and the number of minutes late recorded, this is a positive mark, however lateness will be addressed.
· If a student is not in a lesson, they are marked absent.
· A student who has planned and agreed work experience will be marked with a positive mark.
· If a student is sick and the College is notified, then a ‘S’ mark is used in the register, this is however still a negative mark.
· If a student is more than 70 minutes late, a 'J' mark will be used to indicate the student is on site but arrived late. This is a negative mark.
· If the College has been notified that the student has a medical reason, for example the hospital or doctor’s appointment, the register is marked with an ‘M’, however this is still a negative mark.
For more information you can refer to our policy: