You can find the latest opportunities to join our growing family here.
If you have any questions regarding a job post please don't hesitate to contact us.
0208 319 9725
Safer Recruitment & The protection of Children
All posts at Shooters Hill Sixth Form College are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) (Exemptions) (Amendment) Order 1986.
Disclosure of any criminal background is required. Teaching and working in schools in the UK is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and therefore applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions (“Spent” or “unspent”), cautions and bind-overs which for other purposes are spent under the provisions of the Act. Offers of employment will also be dependent on completion of a satisfactory Police check. Disclosure of criminal background will not necessarily bar you from appointment.
Offers of appointment will be conditional upon the individual obtaining a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service and on the relevance of the information contained in the Disclosure.
If you are currently working with children on either a paid or voluntary basis, your current and / or previous employers will be asked about any disciplinary offences relating to children, including any in which the penalty is time expired (that is where a warning could no longer be taken into account in any new disciplinary hearing for example) and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns, and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedure.
Shooters Hill Sixth Form College requires you to give details of all current (unspent and ‘spent’) convictions or pending cases, cautions, bind-over orders, reprimands and final warnings, including dates, the offence(s), sentences, and the court or police force which dealt with the offence. Any offer of employment will be made on a conditional basis, subject to the relevant checks being carried out.
Failure to make a full and accurate declaration may result in withdrawal of a job offer or, if subsequently discovered, to disciplinary action and/or dismissal.
If you are unsure about any matter, please contact the HR Department.
Data Protection (GDPR)
Please read our Data Protection Statement
How information you supply is used
The information which you supply to us will be used to complete your job application with Shooters Hill Sixth Form College.
The purposes for which we are processing, or will process, your personal information is to:
- manage the recruitment process and assess your suitability for employment or engagement
- decide to whom to offer a job
- comply with statutory and/or regulatory requirements and obligations, e.g. checking your right to work in the UK
- comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled job applicants and with other disability discrimination obligations
- ensure compliance with your statutory rights
- ensure effective HR, personnel management and business administration
- monitor equal opportunities
The categories of the information that we collect
The categories of the information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name and address)
- characteristics (such as ethnicity and health information)
- personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by previous employers, information from employment background checks and information from criminal records checks (for applicable posts). We will seek information from third parties if a job offer to you has been made and send reference request to third parties prior to interview if the post you have applied for is a Safer Recruitment Policy.
Who your personal data may be shared with
Your personal data may be shared with:
- HR Professional Services staff in order to complete the recruitment process; undertake pre-employment checks and for monitoring purposes etc.
- Department Managers in the department which is advertising the vacancy in order make a decision regarding your recruitment to the authority
- Other local authorities (HR departments and other services as appropriate)
- Third-party organisations, as allowed by law, who provide the authorities e-recruitment system.
Duties of this authority
*This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application within this authority for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies administering public funds solely for these purposes.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to the information about you that we hold. You also have the right to:
- object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Andrea Knight or the HR Department
Shooters Hill Sixth Form College
Red Lion Lane
Access and Storage
Your personal information will be held in line with our Document Retention Policy. If your application is unsuccessful, your personal information will be held by HR Professional Services for 6 months. This is to enable us to contact you in the future in the event that you are a successfully appoint able reserve candidate. Please note, you may also choose to delete your account with us at any time.
For more details information, please go to the privacy notice.
“This is a welcoming and inclusive college where students, especially those who need a bit of extra help to achieve, enjoy studying and feel safe. From the moment students meet security staff at the front gates to their interaction with staff at all levels, they know they are part of a college that supports them.”