Whether you’re an outstanding Teacher or an innovative Support Worker, Shooters Hill Sixth Form College’s inclusive, dynamic and creative ethos provides an imaginative workplace in which you will be supported to develop your knowledge and practice throughout your tenure. We are extremely proud of our diverse workforce and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are currently looking to recruit an Unqualified Teacher to our Taking Teaching Further Scheme for the following post:
PT/0.5 UNQ Teacher of Maths
Salary will be based on the unqualified teacher pay scale UNQ1 – UNQ5
The scheme allows industry professionals to enter the profession of teaching.
This will enable you to:
- Gain a teaching qualification whist gaining teaching skills and real experience with support and mentoring.
- Share Industry knowledge and experience with students
To qualify you must:
- Have a minimum of three years in their area of vocation.
- Still working in that same industry or has been within the past 18 months.
- Have Maths and English qualifications to a functional skills level 2 or GCSE C/4.
- Hold at least a level three qualification in the subject you want to teach.
- Not yet hold a substantive teaching qualification, i.e. a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (DET) or equivalent/higher level teaching qualification but will be expected to do so.
- Not already be working within Shooters Hill Sixth Form College.
If you possess these attributes, and you are looking for a new opportunity, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th June at 12:00 midday.
Interviews will be taking place shortly after closing date.
What are the benefits of working for Shooters Hill Sixth Form College?
At Shooters Hill Sixth Form College we value our employees, as they are vital to our continued success. We are a diverse, open and inclusive environment that provides the motivation for everyone to pursue their career goals and flourish.
Some of the attractive benefits we offer our employees:
- School Teachers Terms and Conditions (195 days), 13 weeks holiday
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme TPS
- High quality professional development
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including, free flu voucher, free onsite gym, access to funded Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available 24/7, 365 days a year including confidential staff counselling service, health cash plans (Credit Union)
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Rewards and recognition for employee outstanding service And much more
Deadlines for applications
Please submit your application by Tuesday 28th June at 12:00 Midday. Interviews are scheduled to take place shortly after the closing date. However, please note that we may interview prior to the deadline date.
Informal visits to the college/department are very welcome by appointment.
At Shooters Hill Sixth Form College, we celebrate the diversity of all our staff, students and visitors. We provide a safe and supportive environment in which everyone is able to study and work to the best of their abilities. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society, we are committed to promoting equality, diversity & inclusion for all.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
As part of our recruitment process, Shooters Hill Sixth Form College collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet its data protection obligations.