Level 2 Beauty Therapy
The course is designed for you if you want a career in the beauty industry.
You will gain a Diploma in Beauty Therapy and on completion of your course be able to progress on to our Level 2 courses or Level 3 within the hair and beauty department here at Shooters Hill Sixth Form College.
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a junior beauty therapist, learners may
choose to develop their skills further by undertaking technical Level qualifications in Beauty Therapy at Level 3, including:
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies (QCF)
This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy, General- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage, Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-up Progression opportunities also exist in the form of specialist VTCT vocationally related qualifications at Levels 2 and 3.
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Provide make-up services
- Skin Care and Facial Massage
- Nail Art
Summative observations are related to all units/topics covered
The external paper will test your knowledge of all unit criteria. A pass mark of 70% must be achieved.
4 GCSEs grade 3 and above, including Maths and English.
Career opportunities as a Junior Beauty Therapist exist in a variety of contexts,
- Commercial beauty salons
- Independent / self-employed / mobile /home-based settings
- Beauty retail concessions
- Cruise ship