The technical qualification (TQ) forms part of the new T Level study programme.
The purpose of the Level 3 technical qualification is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training relevant to the T Level.
All students will develop an understanding of:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- Early years education and childcare
- Assisting teaching
- Supporting and mentoring students in educational settings
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including Grade 5 in Maths and Grade 5 in English Language.
Students can progress into roles such as:
- NURSERY WORKER
- TEACHING ASSISTANT
- LEARNING MENTOR
- SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS TEACHING ASSISTANT
- PORTAGE HOME VISITOR
Students can also use this T Level to do a related higher-level apprenticeship or degree course.