The technical qualification (TQ) forms part of the new T Level study programme.
The purpose of the level 3 technical qualification is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training relevant to the T Level. This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in health or science.
During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of healthcare occupations.
All students will develop a general understanding of health and science:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
They will also learn about topics specific to healthcare science:
- understanding the healthcare science sector
- further knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, diseases and disorders, genomics and medical physics
- providing person-centred care
- infection prevention and control
- good scientific practice
In addition to the core content, you will study the Adult Nursing specialism.
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including Grade 5 in Maths and Grade 5 in English Language.
This qualification focuses on the development of knowledge and skills needed to work for working in the Health or Science industry, which will prepare learners to enter the industry through employment or as an Apprentice.
Furthermore, the completion of these qualifications gives learners the opportunity to progress onto higher education courses and training, as well as careers within:
- HEALTHCARE SCIENCE ASSISTANT
- RADIOGRAPHY ASSISTANT
- STERILE SERVICES TECHNICIAN