This qualification aims to provide learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions via the context of gym-based exercise, as well as providing learners with the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the Active Leisure Sector.
This course is a combination of the following qualifications:
- YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
- YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
Students will hone their skills within our new purpose built SHC Fitness Gym.
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction is a competency based qualification designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as a fitness instructor in sport and active leisure industry.
You will cover units such as:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Plan and prepare gym based exercise
- Instruct and supervise gym based exercise
There will be a range of assessments method to suite all learning styles.
The Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations section of this course will see students cover a range of units such as:
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Customer care and diversity
- Effective teamwork
- The requirements for health and safety
- Handling and Maintaining Equipment in Active Leisure
- Swimming pool water testing
- Know how to provide an active leisure facility reception service
3 GCSEs grade 3 and above, including Maths and English.
- Personal Trainer
- PE teacher
- Health Trainer
- Leisure Centre Assistant
- Gym Instructor