Access to Building Services Engineering
This qualification is intended as a entry programme for those who wish to enter any of the following industries:
- refrigeration and air-conditioning
- electrical installation
- heating and ventilating.
By studying this course, you will be able to progress onto one of our Level 1 Building Services courses, such as Electrical Installation or Plumbing Studies.
- Unit 101 Understand and demonstrate fundamental safe working practices in building services engineering
- Unit 102 Understand fundamental environmental protection measures within building services engineering
- Unit 103 Understand fundamental scientific principles within building services engineering
- Unit 104 Introduction to building services engineering
- Unit 105 Understand and demonstrate fundamental Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) operations
- Unit 106 Understand and demonstrate fundamental electrical installation operations
- Unit 107 Understand and demonstrate fundamental heating and ventilating operations
- Unit 108 Understand and demonstrate fundamental plumbing operations
In order to study this course, you will have a range of GCSEs at grade 2, including Maths and English.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to progress onto one of our lLvel 1 courses which will provide you access to a Level 2 course. After Level 2, our students typically enter the industry through employment or apprenticeship opportunities.