Level 1 Diploma in Sport
Sport at Shooters Hill Sixth Form College is specifically designed for those interested in future employment within the sports industry – Coaching, Physiotherapy and Leadership are the three main skills gained and explored on this programme. Among many things, students can look forward to exciting trips and talks from specialists, encouraging independent learning and strong links with prospective employers in the local community.
- How exercise affects the body
- Training for fitness
- Coaching skill in sport
- Personal Progression Plan
- Assisting in a sport activity
- Playing sport
- Researching a topic
- You will participate in a range of practical indoor and outdoor sporting activities, and organise your own event.
- You will learn about the healthy body, how to work effectively as part of a team, and starting a career in this industry.
You will study units such as:
- Job opportunities in sport and active leisure
- Career progression
- Working in Sport and active leisure
Students should have a range of GCSEs at grade 1/2. Entry onto this course will be heavily dependent on a successful interview.
- PE teacher
- Sports analyst
- Sports coach
- Fitness instructor
- Sports nutritionist