BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Sport
A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about employment in the sports industry you develop the skills you need to start a career.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels, which means that when you have completed the course, you can choose whether to get a job straight away or go on to university.
Possible Degree Options
- Physical Education and Sport
- Sports nutrition
- Strength and conditioning
- Sport sciences
- Education studies
This subject has the following units of assessment:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
- Practical Sports Performance
You will take part in a variety of team and individual sports as well as outdoor activities.
There will be two externally assessed examinations and two formal assessments.
5 GCSEs grade 9-4, including Maths and English.
Possible Career Options
- PE teacher
- Sports analyst
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Sports coach
- Fitness instructor
- Sports nutritionist