Whether you’re an outstanding Teacher or an innovative Support Worker, Shooters Hill Sixth Form College’s inclusive, dynamic and creative ethos provides an imaginative workplace in which you will be supported to develop your knowledge and practice throughout your tenure. We are extremely proud of our diverse workforce and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are currently looking to recruit an Unqualified Teacher to our Taking Teaching Further Scheme for the following post:
PT/0.5 UNQ Teacher of Business/Finance
Salary will be based on the unqualified teacher pay scale UNQ1 – UNQ5
The scheme allows industry professionals to enter the profession of teaching.
This will enable you to:
- Gain a teaching qualification whist gaining teaching skills and real experience with support and mentoring.
- Share Industry knowledge and experience with students
To qualify you must:
- Have a minimum of three years in their area of vocation.
- Still working in that same industry or has been within the past 18 months.
- Have Maths and English qualifications to a functional skills level 2 or GCSE C/4.
- Hold at least a level three qualification in the subject you want to teach.
- Not yet hold a substantive teaching qualification, i.e. a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (DET) or equivalent/higher level teaching qualification but will be expected to do so.
- Not already be working within Shooters Hill Sixth Form College.
If you possess these requirements and you are interested in becoming a qualified teacher, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Friday 30th July 2021 at Midday.
Interviews will take place week commencing 9th August 2021.
Start Date: 23rd August 2021, or thereafter.
At Shooters Hill Sixth Form College, we celebrate the diversity of all our staff, students and visitors. We provide a safe and supportive environment in which everyone is able to study and work to the best of their abilities and we are committed to promoting equality, diversity & inclusion for all.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on college premises, and in most cases, we will use a virtual recruitment process. Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
As part of our recruitment process, Shooters Hill Sixth Form College collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet its data protection obligations.