Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF)
The main aim of the Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy is to enable students to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide Sports Massage Therapy. It has been designed for practitioners currently working in Sport and Active Leisure, including Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists and Massage Therapists.
The purpose of this specialist qualification is to enrich practitioners’ understanding of Advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to the application of Sports Massage. It will provide learners with advanced palpation skills and those needed to analyse posture and range of movement. It will also provide practitioners with a range of advanced skills and massage techniques to prevent and manage injury in Sport and Active Leisure.
Once qualified you will learn to critically evaluate massage strategies and methods to Inform on future treatments.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Understand the clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning.
- Conduct objective physical assessments.
- Understand the purpose of neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques in sports massage and the skills to be able to apply effective neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques.
- Utilise soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients.
- Understand treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
- Treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Students must hold a recognised Level 3 Sports Massage qualification.
Careers & Pathways
- Level 5 Sports Massage Therapy
- Personal Trainer
- PTLLS Teaching Qualification
- Assessors Training
- Sports physiotherapy
- Mobile therapist